Write naked if you have to!


We've made it to November. Whew! That means it's time for... NaNoWriMo! National Novel Writing Month. If you've got the novel-writing itch, then scratch it with NaNoWriMo.


This year I’m an official participant because I need to finish a work-in-progress. Right now, I’m what is charitably called “in-between-contracts,” which in industry parlance means I got bupkis in terms of book contracts.





This year my publishing credits were limited to a short story in the mystery anthology, You Don’t Have A Clue, and an essay in the collection, An Elevated View--Colorado Writers on Writing.









Since my last contract I’ve been fielding proposals--the first three chapters, an outline, and a synopsis--in hopes of scoring an advance before I have to write the whole manuscript. I got nibbles on three proposals with this caveat: the editors want to see the completed manuscripts. Ugh. So enough pounding my pud, time to finish one story and send it off. That’s where NaNoWriMo comes in. Do or die, brothers and sisters.


Last month, the League was frothing at the mouth (we froth well) about Write Agenda and the way they’ve dissed our buddies at Absolute Write Water Cooler, Writer Beware, and John Scalzi at SFWA. So the League smote back with what we do best, snark and more snark. Now those sneaks at Write Agenda have gone and done the unthinkable. They’ve listed four Leaguers as Recommended Authors: Jaye Wells, Kevin Hearne, Nicole Peeler, and myself. What must we do to set these guys right about our true pervie nature and threat to public morals? Post pictures of our League orgies? Then so be it.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

THE WRITE PRETENDAS

Yeah, one more reluctant adult here with free books

Excerpt time!