Not a Valentine's Day Post

Not that I have anything against Valentine's Day. It is what it is and if you enjoy it, great! And if you don't, great!

(See, easy to please here.)

Besides, by the time you read this I'll probably be in recovery from getting a portion of the nerves on the left side of my spine burned out. (Don't worry - it's out patient. And hopefully painless. After all, if the nerves aren't firing, what's to hurt, right? Maybe. It's been a long time coming and a last ditch effort to try to get me some relief from years of chronic pain. And hey, if I'm lucky and it works..I'll be able to go back a few weeks later and get the rest of them fried. )

Still - doesn't exactly put me in the mood for romantic blogs posts, so I'm just going to skip all that and plug my upcoming release, A Sliver of Shadow!

Which comes out February 28th! And continues the story of Abby, Brystion and a certain perverted unicorn by name of Phineas.  (And a slew of new characters as well. Not to worry though, lots of the original characters are back too.)

And if you haven't read A Brush of Darkness, no worries - it's up for free over at Pocket After Dark for the entire month of February. (As well as a sneak peek at the first couple of chapters of A Sliver of Shadow- 1st chapter is available now, 2nd will be up starting Feb 15.)

...and here's a little sample of SoS to get you started:


“Who’s my little man?” The unicorn crooned at Benjamin and then winced when a hank of beard became the baby’s newest form of entertainment.


“Keep that up and you’ll be a baldy chin,” I retorted. “And I don’t recall asking your opinion. Not that that’s ever stopped you before. Talivar around?”


“Nope, burned the coffee again. Ran out to get more.” A snort escaped him. “He’s even worse at it then you are.”


“Probably something about being a prince and not having to actually cook for himself. At least he’s trying. More than I can say for you.” I stooped to search for my Crocs, pushing through dust bunnies and clumps of what suspiciously looked like unicorn droppings. “Christ, Phin, use the toilet or go outside or something.” I snatched my hand away.


“That’s not me. I think you’ve got mice.” His tone became wheedling.


“I’ll bet. Just clean it up.”


“With what? Gonna turn my tail into a broom?” The furred tuft in question flicked as if to make the point.


“I’m sure you’ll come up with something. Besides, aren’t unicorn horns proof against poison? Purifying water, that sort of thing? Surely something that can bring a dead man back to life can disinfect like Lysol?”

Comments

Jeanne Stein said…
Allison-- Hope you're doing well!
Love, Jeanne

Popular posts from this blog

THE WRITE PRETENDAS

Excerpt time!

Yeah, one more reluctant adult here with free books