On Dreams and Covers -- and a contest!

So I was going to post about female characters in 1970s superhero cartoons, but I got sidetracked with gonzo dreams last night.

Apparently, I was having trouble playing an obo.

No, that's not a sexual euphemism. I was supposed to be playing this one tune, on an obo (which, in my dream, was a looooooong clarinet, with a doohicky at one of the ends that made it look like a sideways bong). And the tune was divided into four parts, and the first two had sixteen notes. And my fingers or arms weren't long enough to cover the correct holes at the correct time. And someone...maybe an ex-boyfriend? Either him or Jack Black...was trying to show me how to play the tune.

Yeah, I know. Weird. I don't even play the piano anymore.

Second dream: I was coming home (defined as the house I grew up in) to find a man leaving the house. I didn't know who he was, and I demanded ID from him. Turns out, he was dropping off the ice-cream machine that Dad had ordered. (It looked like one of those freezer chests.) So he left, and then Mom and Dad came home, and Mom got all sorts of pissed off at Dad for ordering this beast of a machine without telling her. There was more, but I was sort of distracted by the possibility of making ice-cream. Because even in a dream, a girl's got to have her priorities.

Huh. Maybe I should have posted about the 1970s superheroines. Next week.

What else can I tell you? Oh yeah -- I've got a new cover. Oooh...


This, my friends, is the cover to the erotic anthology from Avon Red, called A RED HOT VALENTINE'S DAY. I bring the paranormal element to the mix: there's a new Hell novella (Hellvella, baby!) that shows how Daunuan and Jezebel met all those years ago. Demon nooky ensues. (Hey, it's an erotic anthology. What do you expect?) The anthology comes out in January 2009, and it's available for pre-order.




I also have a new Hell short story in the LILITH UNBOUND anthology, from Popcorn Press and edited by Elaine Cunningham. The story is all about how Lillith (spelled "Lilith" for consistency's sake with the rest of the anthology) went from the First Woman to the first mortal demon. And succubus. You know, good times. Appearances by Lucifer, Michael, and Adam! You can get LILITH UNBOUND now, if you so choose. All this, plus about 20 other short stories, from a wide range of authors. Good times, indeed!

I have an extra copy of LILITH right here. I think I'll have a contest and will give the anthology away to one lucky random commenter. Go ahead and comment on either of the two covers, or on your own weird dreams. I'll pick a winner next Sunday.

Have at it!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

THE WRITE PRETENDAS

Yeah, one more reluctant adult here with free books

Excerpt time!