Hi-ya! Mini round-up

Latest freak-out book news 
 Double Cross is heading to the printer soon. Author Carolyn Crane, the ultimate reviser, gets to revise no more. But that's okay! Color me feverishly excited. So much so, that I'm talking about myself in third person.

Work on as-yet-unnamed book #3 is progressing well - I'm a good halfway through it, and have outlined all the way to the end like the plotter that I am, and there is so much drama in it. Part of me is so excited about what I have planned, but part of me is like, am I writer enough to pull it off? I think it will be really challenging, but I think that is okay. I think it is important for a writer to challenge herself to do things she thinks she maybe can't do. LOL. Is this even interesting? I'm on sleep deprivation program over here.

I am also several chapters into a secret PNR project that is like the funnest and wildest toy ever. And a little smutty. Okay, a lot.

Cool and excellent places to visit and things to do 
Thing #1: I'm really psyched that MIND GAMES is Spinecracker's Virtual Book Club pick this month! Discussion kicks off on September 3rd. It should be a great group. Check out her post on it here.

Thing #2: Stop over at  Caitlin's Vision Quest Fail this week. We did an interview where you can get the scoop on what's up with the beret, the evolving role of Simon, writing quirks, and more! Also, you can win a signed copy of MIND GAMES!!

Thing #3: Another stop: I'm over at Book Faery Tori's blog for her blowout Battle of the Sexies event, a month-long extravaganza covering all things alpha hero and alpha heroine. There have been lots of fun visitors and posts! Today I'm talking about my favorite messed up Alpha Hero moments. It's my private little walk down memory lane of all the screwed-up behaviors of heroes that I nevertheless inexplicably love. Don't act like you don't know what I'm talking about. Come say hi!! If you leave a comment, you might win MIND GAMES or DOUBLE CROSS! Merry Christmas! 

So exciting!
Carolyn Crane has been all work and no play lately. I spent the past week and weekend in my other superhero identity as master of the case-study-writing and corporate-website-writing universe. However, I did get a run in and then I worked on my pull-ups challenge, and guess who did TWO? LOL. And the evil humidity finally broke and I feel human again. I hope everyone is enjoying their summer!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

THE WRITE PRETENDAS

Yeah, one more reluctant adult here with free books

Excerpt time!