Not Really an RT Recap

To be honest, I had a much different blog planned for this week - full of all the fun stuff I got to do at RT, and how utterly grateful I was to my fellow Leaguers for taking me under their collective wings. I learned so much from them last week, and I can't say enough about it.  Heck, Jackie Kessler and I shared a four hour plane ride home in the second-to-last row of a SouthWest rust bucket, surrounded by extremely chatty teenagers on their way to tour collages on the East Coast. (Seriously, we're practically blood sisters now, bound by fear of fuselage rippage and York Peppermint Patties.)

However, an hour after my plane touched down in Virgina, my father-in-law suffered a terrible stroke and subsequently passed away Monday morning. So obviously, my brain just isn't in a good place for anything particularly snarky or witty right now. The funeral is today, in fact, and I'd like to keep that part of things to myself.

In the meantime, I want to give a shout out to my fellow Leaguer, Jaye Wells, for having one of the top 10 UF sidekicks - as polled by Tor. (Along with yours truly. Go Team Giguhl and Phin!)

Also, a number of Leaguers are in the Bitten By Books 2011 Smackdown (also including yours truly), so go check that out and champion your favorite Leaguer, whoever they are. :)

Comments

Anonymous said…
I've had some extra good vibes to spare so I've sent them your way in dealing with your loss.

I voted for Phin! (and Giguhl too, sorry!) :P
Brenda Hyde said…
I'm so sorry Allison. We had a friend pass away less than two weeks ago unexpectedly, and it was tough. I hope you all can be of comfort to each other.

I can just picture your plane ride. LOL I have 16 and 17 year old boys who had friends over and all of spring break we had extra teens laying around the house. Wow, do they chat a lot. LOL

Popular posts from this blog

THE WRITE PRETENDAS

Yeah, one more reluctant adult here with free books

Excerpt time!