A Vacation From My Vacation

This past week, I’ve been on vacation from the Real Job™, entertaining my #1 Beta who was visiting from out of town. In theory, she visits so we can get some face-to-face brainstorming time on whatever I happen to be working on, writing-wise. Naturally, like most well-thought-out plans, this results in us doing a lot of running around like headless chickens, and very little working.

(But we DID get to see the new Harry Potter, and a very hot and sticky outdoor showing of Guys and Dolls, and I had a kickass book release party, details here)

Still, we did finally manage to do some brainstorming during the last twenty-four hours she was here, which means we will qualify the trip as a success. I now have four pages of rather garbled notes (but they make sense to me) on what may eventually become books 4 and 5 in the JJD series. Y’know, in case anyone ever wants them.

So yesterday I put #1 Beta on the plane home, and I have today left as my last decompression day before my return to the Real Job™. Today I need to work on revisions for book 3, do a metric crap ton of laundry, and get my hairs did. Book 3 is technically due by August 1st, so I’m a bit behind where I’d like to be with it, but I’ll get it done. I always do.

And this is my very long explanation as to why this post isn’t better/longer/bionic.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

THE WRITE PRETENDAS

Yeah, one more reluctant adult here with free books

Excerpt time!