Barackula - The Musical

This is not a political post. It really isn't.

It's no secret that I love musicals. Anything from The King and I (total Yule Brenner man-crush territory there) to Annie and more recently the film version of Sweeney Todd. My iPod is filled with the likes of Wicked, Phantom of the Opera, and Chess (the British version with original ending not the American rewrite). I like 'em anyway they come: happy, sad, sappy, dark, brooding... of the music is good, then I'm there.

Even so, when I saw this synposis... I was skeptical.

"Barackula is a short political horror rock musical about young Barack Obama having to stave off a secret society of vampires at Harvard when he was inducted into presidency at the Harvard Law Review in 1990. Obama (Justin Sherman) finds that he must convince the vampire society that opposing political philosophies can coexist or else the society may transform Obama to the dark side. Reminiscent to Michael Jackson's Thriller and a slight infusion of Jesus Christ Superstar and The Rocky Horror Picture Show."

But... musical.

Musical + Vampires...

I simply had to check it out.



And I after watching it, I just had to post it here. If this post is viewed as politcal, I'll happily take it down, but really... it's about Vampires and Musicals and some really high poduction values... except for the mouse thing. *That* was cheesy.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Okay, that just about did me in. Soooo good, on so many levels. And I'm totally pronounding it "baraaaackula."
Anonymous said…
Doesn't look political to me, Jeremy! :-)
Anonymous said…
Poor Robert! Doesn't get the respect he deserves. Thanks for sharing this, Jeremy. Funny stuff.
Anonymous said…
Ok, but if I was the vampires, I would have jumped him and just ripped him apart as soon as he started singing... but that's just me.

Popular posts from this blog

THE WRITE PRETENDAS

Yeah, one more reluctant adult here with free books

Excerpt time!