Sick Author is Sick

So I've got a 101 degree fever. I'm sweating like a pig, my pajamas are soaked as is the mattress. And all this has been going on during a huge stressor involving my agent, my YA book and a certain NYC publishing house. Last night I put together my notes on the 2nd and 3rd books in the trilogy and so, they probably make no sense whatsoever.

It's times like this that I almost wish I had a salaried job that I could call in sick to.

So...this is me calling in sick.

But I have some questions for you.

1. Who the hell came up with that vile Theraflu?
2. What should I do when I track down the person who gave me this virus?
3. Won't someone please come over around noon to make me chicken noodle soup?

Comments

synde said…
I hate theraflu...I use Lemsip...
The person that gave you that virus is made of awesome...don't be a hater...(cowers)
I sent your soup by carrier yorkie..
you shuld get it in a week or so..
Carolyn Crane said…
OH, poor sick author! Good for you to call in sick. This was a damn fine post!!

I hope that publisher situation gets worked out.
Michele Writes said…
The makers of Theraflu are obviously people who don't understand all an author needs to recover is Nyquil and hot toddies.

When you find the person who gave you the virus, you must eliminate him or her. Or them.

I've got a call in to Paula Deen. She'll be right over to make chicken soup. Really.
Ellz said…
AWWW, sending you some virtual noodle soup. Hope you feel better.
Anonymous said…
Sorry you are under the weather Mark. :(
Theraflu? ugh who knows the person is probably hiding from sick people some where under a rock

I'm trying to find the answer to that myself since I'm sick too no fever thought (at least not yet O_O ) I have a huge suspicion my niece is to blame...

Chicken soup is kinda hard for me right now since I can barely sit up in my chair

anyways get better soon mark
as always ♥, Carol
A friend gave me a great recipe for hot toddy.
Hold a tea bag in one hand.
Look at the jar of honey.
Pour two shots of brandy into a glass.
Throw the lemon away.
Drink the brandy.
Yikes! I'm so sorry you're sick in the midst of all that publishing stuff. Ugh. I know what you mean though. I really miss sick days. And vacations. Vacations where you aren't trying to add in a book signing, checking your e-mail, updating your FB and Twitter and blog. I hope you get well REALLY soon.
Jeanne Stein said…
I think you and I have the same bug, Mark, and since you weren't here too long ago, I'll blame it on you...I HATE being sick.

XO Jeanne

Popular posts from this blog

THE WRITE PRETENDAS

Excerpt time!

Yeah, one more reluctant adult here with free books