Friday the 13th

I had a couple different ideas for League posts today. The first was to do something related to the cancellation of soap opera "One Life to Live" (which airs its final episode today, after 43 years on the air) and how that relates to current changes in the publishing industry. Instead, I just did a brief message on my personal blog.

Option two was to do some sort of promo post for the release of WRONG SIDE OF DEAD (Dreg City #4), which comes out January 31st. <---But this works, too.

Finally, I looked at the calendar and realized that not only is it the 13th, but it's also....

Photobucket

It's that funny day that pops up a few times a year and has gotten a bad rap.

I'm sure I'm not the only person whose mind immediately goes to one thing when someone says Friday the 13th.

Photobucket

Handsome devil, isn't he?

In my curiosity, I decided to check out the history of this particular day. I mean, I'm sure the movie's writer didn't just arbitrarily choose Friday the 13th as the title. Wikipedia isn't always the most reliable resource, but this article sheds some interesting light on the origin of the superstition. I knew 13 is often considered an unlucky number, but I had no idea Friday was often considered an unlucky day.

You learn something new all the time, huh?

For example, in researching this, I discovered the existence of Winnie the Pooh: the Jason Vorhees Edition. I'm not joking. And I kind of want one. He'd look adorable on my desk....

Comments

Unknown said…
That Friday the 13th Winnie the Pooh is made of win! I want one!

Also, this reminds me a lot of that Calvin and Hobbes all-grown-up comic where they battle against evil Winnie and Christopher Robin. Have you seen it?
Unknown said…
Behold: the Calvin and Hobbes All Grown Up link! http://m.io9.com/5871516/behold-calvin-and-hobbes-all-grown-up-++-and-fighting-an-evil-winnie-the-pooh

You're welcome! (p.s. I stumbled upon this a few wks ago via Marjorie M. Liu's twitter feed. She's got cool stuff there!
Ha! That's awesome. Thanks for the link!

Popular posts from this blog

THE WRITE PRETENDAS

Yeah, one more reluctant adult here with free books

Excerpt time!