Booksies!

When you're a veteran reader, or worse a writer, reading books becomes a frustrating affair. You've been there, done that, seen the plot twists and got a magic trinket for your trouble. So when you find something to look forward to, it's like an unexpected present. Like your husband buying your WOW character a blue ring in an Auction House. (It was terribly romantic. So I'm easily swayed by his charm. I'm allowed.)

So what books are you most looking forward to in 2008?

I bet Patricia Briggs' Iron Kissed will be a favorite. By all indications, it is an awesome book and it's out now! Sometimes you read a book by another author and have to admire the very skill with which it was written. This book, while a bit darker than previous two books in Mercy's series, is nothing short of elegant.

I am looking forward to Johanna Bourne's Spymaster's Lady, also available now. I read a couple of reviews of it and it sounded so interesting and I ordered it. I'll let you know how it turns out.

I'm looking forward to reading C.E. Murphy Heart of Stone. I am really excited about it. I had a gargoyle crush since the Disney cartoon. Which I have completely replotted in my head.

Oooh, and Jeaniene Frost's One Foot in the Grave. I want that one too.

Right now what I want most though is Demon Night by Meljean Brook. Oh it is an awesome book! I cajoled an ARC out of her and I will be doing a review here soon :P I enjoy the electronic stuff but there is nothing quite like having a book. For one, you can take it into the bathtub with you. For another, it's a lot softer than a keyboard or plastic reading device and when you pass out from sheer exhaustion and bang your head on it, the bruises you get from the book are significantly smaller.

Mmmmmmm, booksies! Being a reader is a lot more fun than being a writer, I think.

P.S. Of course this post would be complete without a plug for fellow League writers:

Mark Henry's Happy Hour of the Damned and Anton Strout's Dead To Me come out on the same day :)

P.P.S. As you probably know, I have roughly 4 months from this point to finish Kate 3. In theory it's four months, in practice it's more like 2.5 - my agent will need to take a look and my beta readers willhave to go through it, and then I will take another pass. So I am very sorry to announce but my participation in the League activities and on my other blogs will be sporadic from now on. Sorry guys.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

THE WRITE PRETENDAS

Yeah, one more reluctant adult here with free books

Excerpt time!