Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Literary Escapism Has Issued a Challenge!

And it involves the League!

Fans and followers of Literary Escapism have probably seen this, but I figured it deserved its own post right here on the League blog. Jackie (not our Jackie, LE's Jackie) is hosting a New Authors Mini-Challenge with League authors as, um, victims? No, that's not right. Targets? No... Anyway.... Run over here to read all about it!

Nutshell: From February 1-28, 2010, read up to five Leaguers you haven't read before and post a review online during that month.

And freebies! Don't forget freebies! There are prizes being offered for participating.

If you're reading this, I assume you've read at least one of us. But with twenty Reluctant Adults in the asylum, finding a couple you haven't read and giving them a try should be easy. I will hang my head in shame and admit I haven't read every single Leaguer (*eyes the evil TBR pile*). This is a great excuse to dig into those books I've been meaning to get to.

Although if there are fans out there who have read every currently-available book by all of us...dude, you need a Super League Fan t-shirt or something. *grin*

So what are you waiting for? Get thee to a bookstore and prepare yourself for the Challenge!

5 comments:

Suzan Harden said...

So what proof of books do y'all need? An e-mailed photo of my shelves?

Can I get the Super League Fan in XXL for my hubby? (He's been been stealing my Mark Henrys.)

Amanda Leigh said...

I was planning on doing this next month anyway. I just ordered several books from amazon!

Carolyn Crane said...

Yay! This is so great. And the official post with the updated rules and prizes just went up:

http://www.literaryescapism.com/7381/nac-league-mini-challenge-update

Nicole Peeler said...

Asylum???

They told me this was a Special People's Coat.

Bastards.

unseelieme said...

Ack! I not only have read every Leaguer book out there, I've hounded my local bookstores (there are 6 w/in a half-hour drive) to carry your books (Mark Henry - your books can now be found in 4 of them!) - I recommend them to anyone looking for a good book who doesn't look at me like I'm a crazy person (okay, I recommend to those people too) - AND I go thru and "adjust" shelves so that your books are prominently facing out on shelves. ;)
Yes, I consume books like some people consume chocolate. I'd live in a bookstore if they'd let me. I am a book junkie.
(Can I cheat & review books I've already read??) lol

Who the HELL Do We Think We Are?

We're a bunch of paranormal romance and urban fantasy authors who occasionally blog, make filthy jokes and prowl the halls of conferences and conventions with switchblades!

Current roster: Mario Acevedo, Michele Bardsley, Sonya Bateman, Dakota Cassidy, Carolyn Crane, Molly Harper, Kevin Hearne, Mark Henry, Stacia Kane, Jackie Kessler, J.F. Lewis, Daniel Marks, Richelle Mead, Kelly Meding, Allison Pang, Nicole Peeler, Kat Richardson, Michelle Rowen, Diana Rowland, Jeanne C. Stein, K.A. Stewart, Anton Strout, and Jaye Wells

******************