Wednesday, July 20, 2011

A Vacation From My Vacation

This past week, I’ve been on vacation from the Real Job™, entertaining my #1 Beta who was visiting from out of town. In theory, she visits so we can get some face-to-face brainstorming time on whatever I happen to be working on, writing-wise. Naturally, like most well-thought-out plans, this results in us doing a lot of running around like headless chickens, and very little working.

(But we DID get to see the new Harry Potter, and a very hot and sticky outdoor showing of Guys and Dolls, and I had a kickass book release party, details here)

Still, we did finally manage to do some brainstorming during the last twenty-four hours she was here, which means we will qualify the trip as a success. I now have four pages of rather garbled notes (but they make sense to me) on what may eventually become books 4 and 5 in the JJD series. Y’know, in case anyone ever wants them.

So yesterday I put #1 Beta on the plane home, and I have today left as my last decompression day before my return to the Real Job™. Today I need to work on revisions for book 3, do a metric crap ton of laundry, and get my hairs did. Book 3 is technically due by August 1st, so I’m a bit behind where I’d like to be with it, but I’ll get it done. I always do.

And this is my very long explanation as to why this post isn’t better/longer/bionic.

No comments:

Who the HELL Do We Think We Are?

We're a bunch of paranormal romance and urban fantasy authors who occasionally blog, make filthy jokes and prowl the halls of conferences and conventions with switchblades!

Current roster: Mario Acevedo, Michele Bardsley, Sonya Bateman, Dakota Cassidy, Carolyn Crane, Molly Harper, Kevin Hearne, Mark Henry, Stacia Kane, Jackie Kessler, J.F. Lewis, Daniel Marks, Richelle Mead, Kelly Meding, Allison Pang, Nicole Peeler, Kat Richardson, Michelle Rowen, Diana Rowland, Jeanne C. Stein, K.A. Stewart, Anton Strout, and Jaye Wells

******************