Gettin' Some Play

It's Friday at the League, and we all know what that means--Jaye Day.

Unfortunately, there'll be no interesting list of cool things I've done because, frankly, nothing I've done beats being a phone psychic.

So I decided instead to share with you the play list for my debut novel, RED-HEADED STEPCHILD. I figure since none of you can read the book until next April (start saving now, people), you could at least get a taste of the music that influenced its writing.

Here goes:
Voodoo by Godsmack
Bodies by Drowning Pool
Red-Headed Stepchild by Golden Smog
Coming Undone by Korn
Breathe by The Prodigy
Temptation Awaits by Garbage
Push It by Garbage
Blood Sugar Sex Magic by Red Hot Chili Peppers
Apple of Sodom by Marilyn Manson
Fatal by The RZA
Heirate Mich by Rammstein
Seven Nation Army by The White Stripes
The Witch by The Cult
Lazy Eye by The Silversun Pickups
Under the Milkyway by The Church
Cuts You Up by Peter Murphy

A lot of these songs are purely to get me in the mood for writing some ass-kicking scenes, and, yes, there are many of those. Others reflect specific things about certain characters. And, in case you're wondering, the title of the book didn't come from the Golden Smog song, even though I've loved it for years.

Maybe if I was smart, like Mark, I'd have figured out a way to include the lists in the book itself. But, since that's not an option, I'm thinking about making the complete play list available on iTunes when the book comes out. What do you all think? Should more authors publish their play lists as part of their book extras? Or is this just a lame attempt on my part to have something to blog about? Discuss.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

THE WRITE PRETENDAS

Yeah, one more reluctant adult here with free books

Excerpt time!