I'm Lovin' It

I pretty much always hate my books until I get through the first round of revisions. It's not that book is bad, per se. It's just that I'm a closet perfectionist and all I can think about is how much I have to go back and fix.

Right now I'm on my third round of revisions for MAGE IN BLACK, and I'm finally loving this book. Now the changes are mostly little tweaks here and there--fleshing out descriptions, backstory and characters. Now I can reread scenes and enjoy them. Now I can laugh at the jokes. Now I can pat myself on the back for the cool story elements.

As I understand it, this is a fairly common occurence among writers. So tell me, at point do you stop beating yourself up and start loving your story?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

THE WRITE PRETENDAS

Yeah, one more reluctant adult here with free books

Excerpt time!