1) Tell us a brief bit about yourself (and please include your pen name).
My name is Anitra Lynn McLeod and I love to write but I'm also an avid white-water rafter, a wanna-be gourmet chef, and I love to play all kinds of board games.
2) What's your story about in a nutshell (ooo look, it's me in a nutshell!)? Please include the title of your book.
Thief is a western flavored futuristic. Think Buck Rogers meets The Wild Wild West!
3) Is it true you write in a trance?
Naw, usually I write in my house. However, I do write in the nude with only a hockey mask on. Hey, it's just my way. Sure freaks out the UPS guy, though.
4) Don't you secretly wish the other contestants would just drop out?
Stop reading my mind! Well, honestly, no, because if they did, it really wouldn't be much of a contest. It would just me sitting there on that webpage all by my lonesome and what if nobody voted for me?!
5) What is your favorite paranormal being and why?
I like the idea of regular people having special abilities, like mind reading, telekinesis, and fire starting--stuff like that because I would love to have an ability like that. If I could move things with my mind, I could whisk all my leaves onto my neighbor's property! Actually, I'd love the ability to blow the fuses on those booming car stereos--next time that kid comes thumping and bumping down my street--pop goes his stereo!
6) Ever had a paranormal experience yourself?
Does spacing out for long periods of time count? I swear, I spaced out the whole 80's, but it might have been because my mind couldn't stand the fashion horror that was that decade.
7) What's your writing ritual?
First, I shave my head then sacrifice a goat--whoops! I'm not supposed to talk about that! Actually, I like to write out a long synopsis to make sure everything gels then write out the chapters.
8) How much are you going to pee yourself if you win?
I'll probably pee myself into a state of dehydration! Now, if I don't win, I might want to pee on someone else. But I probably won't. Probably.
9) If you could mud-wrestle any author, who would it be and why?
Catherine Asaro because she looks so sweet but I'll bet she fights dirty. Sure, she has that background in physics but how much will that really help her in a mud pit? I've lived on a farm so I think I would have the advantage.
10) What kind of underpants would your main character wear?
Jace Lawless is a boxer kind of guy--no plum smuggling tighty-whites for him. Kraft is a silk and lace kind of lady--despite her kick-assness, she's all woman! Although there is a part in the novel where she isn't wearing any underwear at all.
11) You have to pick two cartoon characters to duke it out in a colossal battle, Godzilla-style. Who would you pick and how would it throw down?
Are you smoking something? What a fabulously bizarre question! And I must be smoking something too because I instantly flashed on Earthworm Jim going mano-e-mano with Freakazoid. But sadly, the battle would be over before it began because Earthworm Jim has no arms. Ah, A Farewell to Arms!
12) Alliance or Horde? Peas or carrots? Franks or beans?
Horde. Carrots. Franks. (I'll skip the beans because if I win and pee all over myself, a massive case of flatulence would just create foam.)
If you'd like to know more about Anitra McLeod or her novel, Thief, why not swing by her website at: http://www.anitramcleod.com