ATIV Finalist - Evonne Wareham
1) Tell us a brief bit about yourself.
Evonne Wareham - from Wales. I live on what used to be an island, surrounded by water on three sides. The dominant species in my home is house plant - so it is nice and quiet for me to write.
2) What's your story about in a nutshell (ooo look, it's me in a nutshell!)?
Out of Sight, Out of Mind - Mind-reader meets mind-reader. Love and mayhem. Bad guys meet nasty end.
3) Is it true you write in a trance?
Only when sleepwalking.
4) Don't you secretly wish the other contestants would just drop out?
Of course. I have ten wax images here in front of me, all with pins through the heart. Wait a minute - ten? I've included myself in there. That's probably why it isn't working. (Only kidding guys - love you really.)
5) What is your favorite paranormal being and why?
Tough one - I am partial to one or two of Sherrilyn Kenyon's werewolves and Dark Hunters.
6) Ever had a paranormal experience yourself?
No - but I do occasionally have mildly psychic experiences. Very mild. But don't we all?
7) What's your writing ritual?
I'm an old fashioned girl - pen, paper and a comfy seat. I like writing on trains.
8) How much are you going to pee yourself if you win?
I refuse to answer that on the grounds that it may incriminate me.
9) If you could mud-wrestle any author, who would it be and why?
The actor Jeremy Northam played a Victorian writer in the film Possession. It has to be him. And I want the mud heated to body temperature, please.
10) What kind of underpants would your main character wear?
Boxers for him, probably. Something lacy for her.
11) You have to pick two cartoon characters to duke it out in a colossal battle, Godzilla-style. Who would you pick and how would it throw down?
I have no idea. I was so traumatised when Bambi's mother was killed I haven't watched a cartoon since.
12) Alliance or Horde? Peas or carrots? Franks or beans?
Fish or chips? Fred or Ginger? Sane or crazy?