1) Tell us a brief bit about yourself (and please include your pen name).
Alter your reality, alter your vision, enter the OtherWorlds of Savanna Kougar (my pen name). I have arrived from another realm on a crucial mission, of course, to further the cause of romance using all paranormal, fantastical and beastly means.
2) What's your story about in a nutshell (ooo look, it's me in a nutshell!)? Please include the title of your book.
Murder by Hair Spray in Gardenia, New Atlantis – 2051, the land of Atlantis has risen, colonized by rebels from the Conflicts. One hundred year old Sheriff Sun Wing captures the Hair Spray Killer with an Otherworld man-god (who possesses all sorts of spectacular and splendid powers in and out of bed), who is a nemesis to her heart and passion-relentless in his pursuit. After all, he wants her for his wife.
3) Is it true you write in a trance?
I've been known to enter the fantasy lands of my stories so completely, that becomes my preferred reality. When I'm rudely forced back to Earth reality, that becomes my nightmare.
4) Don't you secretly wish the other contestants would just drop out?
Now, now, what fun would that be? Indeed, a hollow and shallow victory at best. A true heroine wishes triumph by the prowess and power of her sword, or her pen. On those words I shall stand.
5) What is your favorite paranormal being and why?
Werewolf, were-junglecat or unicorn? Decisions, decisions. Okay, give me that fierce furry werewolf at my throat, then lusting-hot to devour my body with his oh so carnal demands – as man, and dare I say it...wolf?
6) Ever had a paranormal experience yourself?
Ah, where do I begin? Many upon many – just small ones, though. Not the X-files variety. Except for the very real small triangular UFO hovering just above the treetops. Talk about eery and shocking to the system. I did wave at them. Whoever 'them' is???
7) What's your writing ritual?
Begging whichever Goddess, Angel, Fairy or Muse I can for help and inspiration, then either staring at the monitor or letting the words pour out magically.
8) How much are you going to pee yourself if you win?
Possessing a superb control over my bladder – usually, I'm more likely to fall over in a dead faint. In which case, the runner up will be the new reigning Queen of American Title IV.
9) If you could mud-wrestle any author, who would it be and why?
So many possibilities, so little time. So, I'm taking the easy way out. Adrian Paul of Highlander fame has written. Hey! I'll wrestle him anywhere, any time. Cold nasty oozy mud, here I come. And I absolutely despise mud. I despise mud pies. Anything mud, get it away from me!
10) What kind of underpants would your main character wear?
Why none at all. Sheriff Sun Wing hates underwear, except the kinky kind. For that special erotic occasion.
11) You have to pick two cartoon characters to duke it out in a colossal battle, Godzilla-style. Who would you pick and how would it throw down?
Speedy Gonzales (Andale! Andale! Arriba! Arriba!) gun-blazing shoots it out OK corral style against Yosemite Sam (biggest voice and gun north, south, east, aaaaand west of the Pecos), finally they throw down in a High Noon face off. Only one can win the favors of the Taco Belle chihuahua. The Immortal gunslinger.
12) Alliance or Horde? Peas or carrots? Franks or beans?
My Romance Rebel Alliance conquers the impotent ghoulishly ugly Emperor of the death star – and his neutered hordes. Not to mention Darth Vader can only 'raise' his light saber. Peas or carrots, you got me. I can't choose. Rolly polly little green peas. Or cute orangey crunchy carrots. No, no, it's a freakin' horror movie of indecision! Beans! My special recipe yummy baked beans. No franks allowed.