Agents on a Plane... and a Trivia Contest!!

My husband, David, recently flew from Nashville to LA for a conference. He's a people-watcher, so when he sat next to a guy who was editing a manuscript and checking query emails, he immediately concluded - literary agent.

David's not a shy fellow, so he said, "You're literary agent, huh?" His seatmate got this "deer in the headlights" expression and tried to change the subject. David laughed and said, "Don't worry, I'm not going to spend the next three hours pitching my book." David explained about me being an author, the query process that led me to my agent, Stephany, and how much he's had to learn about the publishing industry in the last couple of years.

They talked about how crowded the vampire romance genre is and what Stephenie Meyer accomplished with Twilight. The agent asked if I managed to go to RWA this year, as he had a client there.

After the flight, someone pointed out that David spent the entire flight talking about romance books- with another dude.

Such are the trials he suffers as my husband.

Countdown to NICE GIRLS DON'T DATE DEAD MEN: 1 WEEK!!

I will be holding a trivia contest here at singleundeadfemale.blogspot.com at 6 p.m. (Central) Sunday. The first person to respond correctly to five NICE GIRLS trivia questions AND provide a link to another blog, Myspace, Facebook, Yahoo Group, Tweet, Goodreads, or Shelfari post where they mention the release date of NICE GIRLS DON'T DATE DEAD MEN (as a good thing) will win a complete signed set of Jane Jameson books - NICE GIRLS DON'T HAVE FANGS, NICE GIRLS DON'T DATE DEAD MEN and NICE GIRLS DON'T LIVE FOREVER.

You MUST come back to singleundeadfemale.blogspot.com's comments section and post those links in one response to qualify. I will announce the results on Monday night.

Comments

Hello - I'm writing to let you know that you have been nominated for a Book Blogger Appreciation Week award for Best Collaborative Blog. Please email me at elischulenburg@gmail.com for more information about your nomination. (FYI - the deadline is Friday, August 21.) Congratulations!

Popular posts from this blog

THE WRITE PRETENDAS

Yeah, one more reluctant adult here with free books

Excerpt time!