Better late than never?

Ugh! I am so sorry this is going up so late. I have spent my entire day on the phone, I swear. (Well, not swear like, swearing in court or anything. But I have spent a lot of time on the phone.)

See, I was tired this morning. And my Faery is ill. She's had...well, stomach troubles, is probably the nicest way to put it, and a fever. So she's been particularly cuddly. And I was tired. Periodically my insomnia lets up and I spend three days doing practically nothing but sleeping. In fact it's not even 10 pm and I'm ready to go to bed. (Considering I usually don't sleep until after 1 am, that's something.)

Then I had to call the best friend in Florida for a nice long chat. Which ended up being three hours long. Then time to do a few housecleaning type things, then...which is kind of the point of this post (yes, it does have a point):

A podcast interview. Over the phone. VERY strange. Really, really fun, but strange. Because I got to talk about writing with someone who actually cared and wanted to hear what I had to say. (This is very unusual for me. My husband isn't much for the writing or writing discussions, and the aforementioned best friend loves to talk about my writing but likes to talk characters and plots more than mechanics.) Someone who actually thought I was a real writer. I'm still reeling a little bit from that.

And of course now that it's over I'm thinking of all the things I should have said, and the things I shouldn't have--although luckily I didn't really say anything offensive, I don't think, just I'm sure I rambled on and on about something.

But mostly I'm worried about my voice.

I hate my voice.

It's so wierd! So sort of nasal and bland. It's not a gentle lovely voice, it's just..ech. I don't like it. I hate hearing it. And now other people are going to hear it and they will probably all hate it to, and decide I am boring with a stupid voice so they will never buy my books.

(And, um, I don't know how to listen to podcasts either.)

What do you guys think? Do you like your voices? (Seriously. I'm really curious.)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

THE WRITE PRETENDAS

Excerpt time!

Yeah, one more reluctant adult here with free books