~j, your bad date story was truly horrifying, and you have my sympathy...and my ARC of Pure Blood. Email me at caitlinkittredge [at] gmail [dot] com with your address and I'll put your ARC in the mail.
Now, to the topic of the moment: I had a real funk yesterday, one where nothing got written because my brain took a vacation to Bermuda and forgot to take my writing with it. They happen, and the best I can hope for is to ride it out by doing non-writing stuff. You know the type...
- Alphabetize everything
- Color-code underwear drawer
- Dust knick-knacks. And brick-a-brack. And tzchotzchkes.
- Spend 20 minutes on Google looking up correct spelling of "tzchotzchkes"
- Watch 14 back-to-back episodes of Law & Order
- Learn French word for "alphabetize"
- Cook elaborate French dish
- Realize I don't even like French food
- Feed dish to cats
- Rush cats to pet hospital due to incorrect translation of recipe
- Weed garden for 10 minutes
- Spend 90 minutes recovering from heatstroke in lawn chair with sangria
- Hmm, that sangria is pretty good
- Wow, I never realize that Tori & Dean: Home Sweet Hollywood had such compelling storylines!
- Scrub bathroom obsessively in aftermath of sangria overdose
I'm really glad I have motivation again today.