Thursday, July 17, 2008

Bring In the Funk

First things first: the winner of the "Stranger Than Fiction" contest is..

~j!

~j, your bad date story was truly horrifying, and you have my sympathy...and my ARC of Pure Blood. Email me at caitlinkittredge [at] gmail [dot] com with your address and I'll put your ARC in the mail.

Now, to the topic of the moment: I had a real funk yesterday, one where nothing got written because my brain took a vacation to Bermuda and forgot to take my writing with it. They happen, and the best I can hope for is to ride it out by doing non-writing stuff. You know the type...

  • Alphabetize everything
  • Color-code underwear drawer
  • Dust knick-knacks. And brick-a-brack. And tzchotzchkes.
  • Spend 20 minutes on Google looking up correct spelling of "tzchotzchkes"
  • Watch 14 back-to-back episodes of Law & Order
  • Learn French word for "alphabetize"
  • Cook elaborate French dish
  • Realize I don't even like French food
  • Feed dish to cats
  • Rush cats to pet hospital due to incorrect translation of recipe
  • Weed garden for 10 minutes
  • Spend 90 minutes recovering from heatstroke in lawn chair with sangria
  • Hmm, that sangria is pretty good
  • Wow, I never realize that Tori & Dean: Home Sweet Hollywood had such compelling storylines!
  • Scrub bathroom obsessively in aftermath of sangria overdose
  • Blog
And that's just the short list. I haven't even talked about organizing my pen collection or putting my comics in chronological order yet.

I'm really glad I have motivation again today.

No comments:

Who the HELL Do We Think We Are?

We're a bunch of paranormal romance and urban fantasy authors who occasionally blog, make filthy jokes and prowl the halls of conferences and conventions with switchblades!

Current roster: Mario Acevedo, Michele Bardsley, Sonya Bateman, Dakota Cassidy, Carolyn Crane, Molly Harper, Kevin Hearne, Mark Henry, Stacia Kane, Jackie Kessler, J.F. Lewis, Daniel Marks, Richelle Mead, Kelly Meding, Allison Pang, Nicole Peeler, Kat Richardson, Michelle Rowen, Diana Rowland, Jeanne C. Stein, K.A. Stewart, Anton Strout, and Jaye Wells

******************