My Belated Birthday Blog

This is Saturday, right? It can't be Sunday already. (And that's why I'm backdating this blog like a tricky rabbit - and then mentioning it, so that you'll know. Hmmm....) So, I have no real excuse for not posting yesterday... except for the whole "my revised manuscript is due Monday" thing. Oh, and yesterday was my birthday. We started the day at Chuck E. Cheese, where I promptly won 500 tickets on one of those games of chance my wife insists is a waste of tokens. I'll probably never play it again. Other highlights included playing racing games with my kids and getting to save the upgrades to my car. We skipped the Chuck-E-pizza and went to one of my favorite Japanese restaurants for bento boxes.

Then, I got to spend the rest of the day, night, and part of this morning re-reading my manuscript for errors, particularly in the new stuff, and making extra sure that the new sections did not create any plot weirdness. It was fun finding ways to satisfy requests like "more Talbot please". I was gratified to be told to cut or alter a couple of scenes that I'd almost cut myself. The revisions are going well and are almost finished.

Also, I got permission to quote a reviewer who has posted my favorite description of Eric to date:

"Eric is the bloodsucking equivalent of a Spinal Tap song: he goes all the way to eleven." - Michael M. Jones, Green Man Review

And now, it's back to work for me...

Jeremy

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

THE WRITE PRETENDAS

Yeah, one more reluctant adult here with free books

Excerpt time!