Ahh...the holidays are coming, so says my Inbox

Yes, yes, yes. I know Christmas is coming. Even without having seen wrapping paper in the stores for the last three weeks, even without lights going up in town, even without starting my own shopping.

How do I know? Because the amount of freaking spam in my Inbox has taken a giant leap.

I used to get maybe one email a month from Amazon. In the last week I've gotten almost ten. Cafe Press, Barnes & Noble, Godiva chocolates... anyplace I have ever done business with is suddenly jostling for space in my Inbox, begging for my attention, begging me to allow them to fulfill my holiday shopping requirements.

It's not that I mind being alerted to sales and bargains. I often appreciate it throughout the rest of the year. No, honestly, I do. There's a reason why I haven't unsubscribed from these emails, and it's because I do sometimes find them useful.

But oh...I'm already tired of deleting them from my Inbox, and then from my BlackBerry.

Is anyone else noticing a huge leap in the amount of spam they're getting? Or is it just me?

Comments

Anonymous said…
It's not just you. I don't remember it being like this last year. It makes me feel like the bad economy has made the spam emails have a hint of desperation. And I'm going on vacation on friday for 2 weeks. I'm really dreading looking at my mail when I come back. Probably 1000 new messages in my inbox.
Anonymous said…
And from Borders, too. Also, I can't get enough last minute travel suggestions from Priceline. Love those.
Anonymous said…
And it's not even good spam. Good spam comes fried with a side of taters.
Anonymous said…
I don't get fun spam. Well, unless enlarging my non-existent penis is fun? :)

Popular posts from this blog

THE WRITE PRETENDAS

Excerpt time!

Yeah, one more reluctant adult here with free books