Fangs for Nothing

Earlier this week, I was talking to Mark about the Romantic Times convention. Specifically, the costume requirements. the 2009 conference will be my first visit to the famous book event.

I'll tell you right now, I like to play make believe. But I'm usually far more likely to be the person who does color commentary on those who dress up.

But I figured at the very least, I could muster the energy to wear something fun for the vampire ball. After all, vamps are kind of my niche. To that end, I started research fangs. They're the cornerstone of any vamp costume and I figured it'd be pretty easy to just buy a pair, stick em on with some polygrip and --presto changeo--Jaye's a vamp.

Um, not so much. Seriously, the variety is mind-boggling. Should I go with the basic, economy version? Or shall I bling it up a bit with gold fangs with Swarovski crystal insets (for the urban undead)? Shredders? Sabers? Blue, green, red?

It's all very overwhelming. And I haven't even begun to think about the outfit.

You know Thanksgiving is coming up. I wonder what my family would do if I showed up with fangs. See? This whole fang issue is putting thoughts in my head. I'm having visions of me wearing them to PTA meetings or to the grocery store just to see how people react. On one hand, how awesome would it be to scandalize my uptight suburban neighborhood? On the other, maybe I have too much time on my hands if I'm daydreaming about wearing fangs to the car wash.

What say you?

Comments

Anonymous said…
I'm actually quite disappointed in the costume party themes for this year. Jungle? Seriously, jungle? What fun is that? I wanted to get all dressed up, and they want me to wear a leopard-print throw rug and bare feet? Sigh.
Anonymous said…
I'm only dressing up for vamps. This year with extra glitter. If you know what I mean!!!
Anonymous said…
What about going as an Undead Sheena of the Jungle? Wear a black panther skin throw rug and totally goth it up.

Tom Gallier
Anonymous said…
Stace, you could also rent a gorilla costume. How awesome would that be?

Mark, twinkle, twinkle baby.

Tom, thanks for the book idea.
Anonymous said…
I'll be wearing my devil barrette horns. And that's it.

(Yes, that's right. Nothing else. Going totally birthday suit.)

((Stop screaming in terror. I write fiction for a living. I'm lying about the birthday suit.))
Anonymous said…
I figured at the very least, I could muster the energy to wear something fun for the vampire ball. After all, vamps are kind of my niche. To that end, I started research fangs.

Popular posts from this blog

THE WRITE PRETENDAS

Excerpt time!

Yeah, one more reluctant adult here with free books