Stick a Fork in Me

I finished the draft of my latest WIP!!! HAH! And HAH, again! Take THAT you freaking MUSE, making me write 43,000 words in less than four weeks! THPTHPTHPTHPT!!! No more middle-of-the-night gotta-write feelings! No more four(ish) hours of restless sleep! No more launching myself out of bed to get to the computer to write!

HAH!!! DONE!!!

But...wait. Maybe I should tinker some more. Make it better.

NO, I'M DONE WITH THE DRAFT!!!

But I could just give it a quick read. Maybe do a little polish. The last couple chapters were really flimsy...

NO. HIT SEND TO GET IT TO THE CRIT PARTNER AND OUT OF YOUR MIND.

But...

NO!

But...

NO!!!

This is me, not thinking about this damned book. Nope. Not thinking about it. La la la, I'm not thinking about it...

(I wonder if my crit partner has read it yet...)

Comments

Anonymous said…
Congrats Jackie! Can /I/ borrow your muse? Mine has been boycotting me, thanks to my forcing it to work on PHD Dissertation/Paper ideas as well.
Anonymous said…
Woohoo!
Anonymous said…
Yes, please, take the Muse! Take it!!!

Popular posts from this blog

THE WRITE PRETENDAS

Excerpt time!

Yeah, one more reluctant adult here with free books