Things That Shouldn't Work

I failed my willpower roll and now must compulsively share a video.

A group named Moosebutter put this song together around the time of the Star Wars prequels. The idea sounds... well... odd: An a capella tribute to the music of John Williams with lyrics that are all about Star Wars. Just wait until you hear the Jaws bit.



So... this is absolutely no use to aspiring writers except as an example that just because something sounds like it won't work, doesn't mean that it can't be executed brilliantly. I suppose the real secret is learning when to listen to the naysayers and when to ignore them.

Anyone else have any examples of ideas (books, inventions, etc) that shouldn't have worked, but did?

Comments

Anonymous said…
I am in love!! That was awesome... but I like the fact that the 'group' was all the same guy. :) Much more entertaining that way, but I'm sure would make guest appearances a bitch!

Popular posts from this blog

THE WRITE PRETENDAS

Excerpt time!

Yeah, one more reluctant adult here with free books