Coming soon...



So I just back my agent, Stephany's, notes on my as-yet-untitled werewolf book and we agreed that two characters need to be cut to lighten up the considerable cast and improve the hero's motivation. One of my weaknesses as a writer is that I occasionally create wacky, compelling characters that ultimately don't do anything but distract from the story. In every manuscript, I end up cutting at least one character and parceling out that character's better lines out to other characters.

A while back, I joked with Stephany that I needed to start an online memorial for my "fallen characters," and we realized that would be pretty funny. Unfortunately, I couldn't start it until certain books came out because it would spoil the plots. So, with the publication of NICE GIRLS DON'T DATE DEAD MEN, next month, I will be introducing a "character graveyard" section to mollyharper.com.

I'll give you a hint about the first interrent. Two words: "Wannabe Lestat."

Comments

writtenwyrdd said…
That is a cute idea! I really enjoyed "Nice Girls Don't Have Fangs" by the way!
Anonymous said…
Genius. Best website idea I've heard since Jackie Kessler's "Cat and Muse."

Tom Gallier
Ohh very exciting. I can't wait. Loved the first two books in the series. How did i read the second already? Duckies have their ways!

-Quacky the Ballads Duck

Popular posts from this blog

THE WRITE PRETENDAS

Excerpt time!

Yeah, one more reluctant adult here with free books