Saturday, July 11, 2009

Coming soon...



So I just back my agent, Stephany's, notes on my as-yet-untitled werewolf book and we agreed that two characters need to be cut to lighten up the considerable cast and improve the hero's motivation. One of my weaknesses as a writer is that I occasionally create wacky, compelling characters that ultimately don't do anything but distract from the story. In every manuscript, I end up cutting at least one character and parceling out that character's better lines out to other characters.

A while back, I joked with Stephany that I needed to start an online memorial for my "fallen characters," and we realized that would be pretty funny. Unfortunately, I couldn't start it until certain books came out because it would spoil the plots. So, with the publication of NICE GIRLS DON'T DATE DEAD MEN, next month, I will be introducing a "character graveyard" section to mollyharper.com.

I'll give you a hint about the first interrent. Two words: "Wannabe Lestat."

3 comments:

writtenwyrdd said...

That is a cute idea! I really enjoyed "Nice Girls Don't Have Fangs" by the way!

Anonymous said...

Genius. Best website idea I've heard since Jackie Kessler's "Cat and Muse."

Tom Gallier

Quacky the Ballads Duck said...

Ohh very exciting. I can't wait. Loved the first two books in the series. How did i read the second already? Duckies have their ways!

-Quacky the Ballads Duck

Who the HELL Do We Think We Are?

We're a bunch of paranormal romance and urban fantasy authors who occasionally blog, make filthy jokes and prowl the halls of conferences and conventions with switchblades!

Current roster: Mario Acevedo, Michele Bardsley, Sonya Bateman, Dakota Cassidy, Carolyn Crane, Molly Harper, Kevin Hearne, Mark Henry, Stacia Kane, Jackie Kessler, J.F. Lewis, Daniel Marks, Richelle Mead, Kelly Meding, Allison Pang, Nicole Peeler, Kat Richardson, Michelle Rowen, Diana Rowland, Jeanne C. Stein, K.A. Stewart, Anton Strout, and Jaye Wells

******************