Mea Culpa and a Contest

Yes, yes, I know. I've been a bad Reluctant Adult lately. But now the deadline dread is finally lifting, and I'll be back around more. Is that happy weeping I hear? I thought so.

I come bearing gifts for all our writerly readers. Over at the Clarity of Night blog, I'm co-hosting a flash fiction contest with my good friend Jason Evans. The contest is a belated celebration of the release of Red-Headed Stepchild since the book idea was born in a previous contest there.

For those who don't know what flash fiction is, it's basically a really, really short story. In this case, you get 250 words to tell a story based on a picture we've posted. In fact, here it is now:


If you've read Red-Headed Stepchild (and really, if you haven't what the hell are you waiting for?), you'll understand the significance of the theme.

Anyway, I hope some of you enter. There's money and books to be won if you're brave enough. Are you brave enough? We'll see.

We're accepting entries until July 15 so get cracking!

For the non-writer peeps, there's also an interview with me about Red-Headed Stepchild to kick off the contest. Check it out.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

THE WRITE PRETENDAS

Excerpt time!

Yeah, one more reluctant adult here with free books