Contest: Dream Analysis

Whee! I'm back on the League! After my month-long banishment, it's good to be back. **offers Jaye chocolates and whiskey and flowers** Yes, Jaye is the god of all that is Blogger, and she got me back on. All hail!

So. I had the most frakked up dream last night. Think of a slasher horror flick in the spirit of Scream...but as imagined by Paul Judd. Seriously. I was in this goofball horror film (except, you know, it was real) and we (the other intended victims and I) were fleeing from Psycho Dude With Sharp Implement. We were in a mall, and as we're dashing through the shoppers, we stumble into a bookstore (natch). And there I see copies of Hell's Belles, stacked in huge piles and shrink-wrapped as these long packages. Like 20 copies, one on top of the other, all wrapped together in plastic shipping stuff.

Here's the whoa part: on the top of the pile, the cover clearly said:

Coming June 25, the TV movie, starring Jennifer Grey!

I woke up and was like, "Whaaaaa?"

Now, June 25 is my dad's birthday. So I can see why that date is in my brain.

But...a TV movie of Hell's Belles?

And...Jennifer "Don't Put Baby In a Corner" Grey? Erin Grey I could understand -- I think she was Wilma in Buck Rogers, right? So that's sorta loosely connected to Urban Fantasy (in a SF/F bookstore kind of way). But Jennifer Grey? Okay, well, she learned how to dance, I guess. Has she moved onto stripping?

So. Hit me: dream analysis, please! I'll pick one dream analysis at random on Wednesday, April 1, to get a free signed copy of Eternal Loofah -- er -- Eternal Lover mass-market edition, which has a novella in it from Richelle and one from me.

Go!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Well, it's so obvious...your wishes to become a movie star were suppressed as a child, and now it's manifesting itself in your dreams.

Just kidding. I'm not sure. I've had a similar dream to yours, except no bookstore thing. And I knew who the killer was personally. So I'd love a dream analysis as well :D
Diana Dang said…
Huh, I'm trying to recall last night's dream. But it's too confusing to put into words.

But I remembered I had a dream where I was running away from Count Olaf from the Series of Unfortunate Events. It was creepy. I woke up sweating like crazy.

I also remember that zombies were taking over my house. I had to acted fast so I had to rip the window screen in my parents' bathroom so I can jump out the window and into my garden. Which I did and luckily the zombies were never came out...
TV Movie? I see HB's as a major Warner Bros. release, at the very least. *g*

Let's see...Jez is a stripper, so the Dirty Dancing thing fits. Baby has curly hair, and Jez has curly hair. JG had a nose job, so she sort of got a new face, like Jez got one when she stole Caitlin's face.

I don't suppose you ever imagined Paul or Daun as looking like a hot, sweaty, RoadHouse-era Patrick Swayze, huh?

But the Paul Judd horror movie...can't help you there. I dreamed about Dr. Horrible last night, m'self. Hehe.
Davida Dean said…
Lets take this in order:
Scary running through mall - running away from the stabby type dude and towards something you want. You end up in the bookstore - which is where you want to be. good thing your an author, if the dream brought you to a cupcake store I would think you were in the wrong profession. Celephaned wrapped books, new clean and ready for potential new fans ( like me) with the annoucement on top of your book in a movie? Again its the next step - desire. Although I am a bit disappoined your dream isnt more green. Celephane (sp?) is no good for mother earth. I think the man chasing you represents your fear of having to work in a cubicle and make copies (or that might be mine) and the knife represents of course - your envy that you lack a male appendage (or maybe thats frueds thing)...

Now Jennifer also played angry sister on faris bulers day off and in the tales from the crypt ritual movie. Also - given the horror of her first botched nose job I can see her playing a sexy stripping succubus. She doesnt remotely look like dirty dancing self. Is it possible you saw her in Tales from the crypt on late night TV and filed this away for later reference?

Lastly - I am talking out of my well...ample backside. truth is Tom Shrek just told me about your books today, I looked you up and saw an opportunity to win a book. And since I just bought all of toms books and Gotta drop a couple $$$ on my tattoo and a trip to vegas next week (oh and I have three sons who eat about 400$ in groceries every freaking week) I thought hmmmm - cool new author, free book...I can make stuff up!
Anonymous said…
This is so easy. I says you like being chased by bad boys, and shopping at the same time. You want to BE Jennifer Gray, and you like books in bondage. Kinky, but there's nothing wrong with that, right?
Jackie said…
***giggle*** You guys so totally rock. Just thought you should know.

And...I think I meant Paul Rudd. You know -- the dude who does I LOVE YOU, MAN and THE 40 YEAR OLD VIRGIN and who was Phoebe's guy in FRIENDS. Paul...well, something.
Anonymous said…
Paul Rudd is awesome
Caffey said…
Jackie, maybe this is weird, but I don't dream at all! I've don't remember having them ever. I did sleepwalk alot as a child and a few times as an adult. Very weird feeling waking up in a strange place. But thinking about your dream, I believed for some that it was a way of telling us it was something we want. I'm thinking you should write a screenplay for HELL'S BELLES! What could it hurt just writing it! It doesn't say what year that it will be on June 25th so it could be something that will happen in a few years or something. And that you'll dedicate the movie to your dad!

So that's my analysis :) I wonder how i'm doing? LOL.
Jackie said…
Paul Rudd **is** awesome.

And I've always thought that HB would be a terrific movie -- it's visual and fun and sexy and heck, it's about sex, strippers and demons! Of **course** it would be a terrific movie! Heh.
Anonymous said…
who wouldnt want to be baby, with patrick dancing with ya?
but was it before or after the nose job she got?

cause you can see how much she changed over that


i dream but 99.9% i dont remember it

chey
Mikaela said…
Well... It is obvious that you want someone to buy the movie option, so that you can get chased by paparazzi ;)... Oops. Did I write that?
Anonymous said…
Jennifer Grey looks way better with her new nose.

Popular posts from this blog

THE WRITE PRETENDAS

Excerpt time!

Yeah, one more reluctant adult here with free books