Internet: Writer Lifeline or Source of Misery?

I'm blogging today, not from a sleek white Apple product, but a clunky Gateway laptop with a screen the size of a coffee table book and heavier than the keyboard half, so that when I lift my hands the whole thing teeters. The lack of balance makes me ill, but my makeshift (makeshit) wifi thingie on my ancient iBook is on the fritz and so, I'm lucky to get internet for the amount of time it takes to send a single email before it disconnects and needs to be reset.

Yeah. I'm in internet hell.

It's probably for the best, as I put together this accountability chart for The Dark Rites of Joe Barkley (God I love the long-ass 70s titles), and only allotted about a month for 1st draft completion. Okay, I've already started it so I don't have 80,000 words staring me down or anything but still I'm looking at 3750-4000 words per day. Doable.

But between this new plan and the OUTLINE OF DOOM, which I finally tossed off to NYC on Monday (amidst screaming and multiple resets of my wifi), I've been seriously neglecting my blog duties. Not here. Never here. I'd send myself into a bout of stress diarrhea if I missed my League day. Too many people would notice. More importantly, I'd notice and my self-critique is harsh.

Anyway, my other blog is really slight at the moment. I've got tons of photos to do a blog post but can't generate the energy to move all of them to this computer and deal with all it's freaky-ass Windows quirks, to get it done. Arrrgggghhh.

So, instead, it's been sort of dormant.

Maybe it's a Twitter widow. I do enjoy that and I can update it from my iPod, instead of torturing out a post with 20 pictures and crazy descriptions that takes me 4 hours even when the wifi is in top form.

I guess what I'm trying to say is my relationship with blogging has hit a rut. Should we got to counseling?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

THE WRITE PRETENDAS

Excerpt time!

Yeah, one more reluctant adult here with free books