Pwned by Spawn

Talking to a five-year-old can get a bit complicated. First, there's the quicksilver changes in topic. Then there's the crazy declarations. Take the following:

"Momma, did you know dads always make more money than moms?"

I won't repeat the patient lecture he received, but suffice it to say that idea was nipped in the bud.

Then there was this: "What job will you do when you stop writing books?"

Huh? Why in the world would I stop writing books? I told him that if by chance I ever decided to stop writing books I'd probably go work for a magazine like I did before he was born. But it was more likely that I'd just write different kinds of books if I ever decided to stop writing about vampires and magic.

"I think you should go work at Blockbuster."

I explained that if I did that, I'd have to work for someone else. I couldn't hang out with him whenever I wanted. We wouldn't have as much time to play games together.

"I have an idea," he said. "Let's go to Blockbuster and rent Kung Fu Panda for my Wii!"

Yes, I was totally played by a kid who can't tie his own shoes.
-----

An announcement and a reminder:

The winner of J.F. Lewis' Staked is DAELITH! Congrats! Email J.F. and he'll take care of you: j(at)authoratlarge(dot)com.

Also, don't forget my interview with Jonathan Lyons, agent and man of mystery, is tomorrow. Come by and make him feel welcome, will ya?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

THE WRITE PRETENDAS

Excerpt time!

Yeah, one more reluctant adult here with free books