Because a lot of these ideas are bad. I don't hit a home run every time. I don't even bat .400. I do use too many sports metaphors in this paragraph.
Some highlights of my bad ideas include:
- The Star Wars tie in novel I wrote. When I was 13. Yeah.
- The epic dark fantasy about a WARLORD and a CHRISTIAN ALLEGORICAL SOCIETY that was THEMATIC and IMPORTANT. Also BORING.
- The urban fantasy about vaudaun starring a redneck white chick, her pickup truck and some dead chickens.
- The thriller about a psychic serial killer and a psychic FBI agent who had mind battles.
- The oh-God-what-IS-it about lycanthropy experiments during the Vietnam War, complete with de-aging and Government Conspiracies. I actually still sort of like this idea, but the execution sucked.
And that I should never, ever be allowed to write epic fantasy again.